Friday, June 27, 2003

QUOTES on Issues of the Day

"Affirmative action does not provide access for unqualified individuals. It was designed to equalize the educational and occupational advantages gained by white skin privileges in a racist society. With the exception of access to public education, in most arenas, it is not effective. Who you know, not what you know is still the rule. GW Bush at Yale and in the White House is the results of his social connections not his qualifications."

"The 5th Harry Potter book surpassed my expectations. I honestly believe the author to have the ability to appeal to all ages with characters we wish we were, have known are or have been. I honestly think she is a brilliant writer creating a world and characters so vividly that has not been done so since the Lord of the Ring Trilogy.

I think that regardless, it is great to see the kids out there getting into reading. To see people in line at midnight to buy a book, in my day, unheard of. I honestly would rather see them in line for this then the release of a graphic video game or movie."
Forum

No comments: